Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
dreams2explore

soutaiyou - Vacant Sky Vol. 1: Contention

xanaphia wrote:

I love this game... too bad I keep dyinging... got past a few battles I'd died a lot in finally... and can't get past the battle in the jail now :(

Just completed Act 1 so I'll try to help. :)

I had a tough time too with this battle. Don't worry though, it's the final fight of the first Act, so its meant to be hard.

Firstly, what level are you? I was at level 4. I had Seri and Zaq on guard while Ray used Counter. Make sure to debuff the boss with Seri's spell Disenchant as soon as possible. And see to it that Zaq is constantly using First Aid. Some accessories like charm of focus, fierce can come in quite handy and also a piece of armor you get from a sidequest. Speaking of sidequests, you can earn experience, cash and some useful items from completing them, so make sure not to miss out on them. ;)

Hope that helps and good luck!

As for me... I enjoyed it a LOT! Captivating plot, interesting characters, all in all, a great game. I'm just eager to get back to playing it, so can't wait for the next Act :D

@latyss: Urm... you know the tree you see when you open the game, right before the title screen... thats the place I saw him. Its to the east of the school.

heh... I did do some sidequests... not sure if I found all of them... never bought charms because I never did get enough money for anything. My characters were at Level 4 as well... and really... when I first did the leveling up, I tried to keep stats even instead of going higher in a specific stat. So I'll probably start the game over again to see if I can do things differently.

Rekka wrote:

Oh I cant Defeat A Bandit T_T

You mean the bandits from the abandoned caravan, right?

What level and stat build are you? Make sure to use Dodge reaction if you're high on speed and Guard if not. And did you return to the Hall of Legends to buy new skills? Use Zaq only for healing. And remember, you can get XP from doing sidequests. Good luck! :)

latyss wrote:

Yay! Finished the game right it time for Act 2. Love it, can't wait for more.

Just a few hours to go! :D

Unfortunately, the release date has been pushed back. Not to worry though, it should be out in a couple of days. :)

Sailerius wrote:

Although Act II is technically done, it's still going through beta testing. I hate to go back on my word, but I think I'm going to hold onto it for another couple days to make sure it doesn't have as many bugs as Act I did. Sorry to disappoint, guys.

xanaphia wrote:

heh... I did do some sidequests... not sure if I found all of them... never bought charms because I never did get enough money for anything. My characters were at Level 4 as well... and really... when I first did the leveling up, I tried to keep stats even instead of going higher in a specific stat. So I'll probably start the game over again to see if I can do things differently.

Well, at level 4, it shouldn't be that tough. Did you try using Disenchant early on? It won't get rid of the Regen buff, but all of the others will be eliminated. Or did you start all over again?

I'm not sure how many sidequests are there in total... the ones I have come across are --

Registration number

Ned's spice

Missing George

Jiorek the photographer

Kasch's Lament.

As for the stats, distribute the points carefully for them to be beneficial or else it could backfire. For example, if you put a lot of points into SPD, then she'll dodge most of your attacks making the battle more difficult than it actually is.

Oh, and I wasn't really short on cash, I could afford some healing items and a couple of charms and still had around 300 credits at the end of the game. So again, doing sidequets will help.

I knew of Ned's spice, Missing George, and Kasch's Lament... I'd completed Ned's spice and Kasch's Lament... but I'd never run into whomever gives out Registration Number and Jiorek the Photographer... and I did start over again, so I probably won't put much if any in Speed then. And I did use Disenchant... more than once... but it didn't seem to have any effect on her... I already figured that Regen was something that wouldn't go away anyways.

RainboWings wrote:

Unfortunately, the release date has been pushed back. Not to worry though, it should be out in a couple of days. :)

Sailerius wrote:

Although Act II is technically done, it's still going through beta testing. I hate to go back on my word, but I think I'm going to hold onto it for another couple days to make sure it doesn't have as many bugs as Act I did. Sorry to disappoint, guys.

That's fine, I'd rather play a bug-free Act II than a rushed one. :)

Wow, this is a really good rpg. I liked the intro a lot and the story is very captivating. The only thing I didn't like were the long cutscenes before a battle. Especially at the last battle of the first act I was quite annoyed, as I died there 4 times(because I leveled her SPD up to 85 points^^' ).

Could so complete Jiorek's quest in ActI?

I talked to everyone but with no result.

Act II released!

A lot of new things were added and old ones improved,

for more information go here.

Screenshots:

width=300http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/mayuzumi/game%20help/vc-screenshot2.jpg[/img]

width=300http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/mayuzumi/game%20help/vc-screenshot1.jpg[/img]

Download Act II: Megaupload / Mediafire

Playing it at the moment.:)

AWESOME! Downloading now!! :D

Edit: Tried megaupload but it says that the file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Oh well. *tries mediafire* It works, yay!