Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
dreams2explore

soutaiyou - Vacant Sky Vol. 1: Contention

Thanks for making the announcement, ayne. Glad to see that this game has many fans :D

*updates main post* *downloads Act II*

So, what's new in Act II? ^^

Sailerius wrote:

Fixes

•Removed the bug where First Aid was affected by ATK/DEF

•Removed the bug where reactions (namely Dodge and Counter) affected support abilities (no more Seri dodging heals!)

•Removed the bug where reaction icons sometimes wouldn't appear

•Made the unlockable title screens less obscure to use

•Balanced Accuracy; see New Features

•Regeneration no longer hurts you

•Disenchant now works on Regeneration

Changes

•Removed the skills system

•You may now obtain new techniques from the menu instead of returning to the Hall of Legends

•The story is no longer painfully linear

New Features

•Vital Hit: High Accuracy grants you a chance of dealing critical hits; high Speed grants you defense against them

•Ascensions: Customizable powerups unique to certain characters

•Branching Story: Three mysteries to uncover, the order in which you proceed affecting the way the story unfolds

•Music: A new soundtrack composed by Tarranon, including a new opening theme

•Portraits: Includes a set of remastered and all new face portraits

•Charges: Auria gains the ability to store power for a future finishing attack.

Ah, finally! XD *downloads* I'm dying to continue this especially after ACT I was left on a rather intriguing cliffhanger. O_O

Umm... the new face portraits look great! XD

What level are you at? If you're under 4, then this battle will be almost impossible to win. Doing sidequests will help you in that regard. Did you make Seri cast Disenchant? It'll debuff the boss, but won't work on regen though.

Make sure to unequip Auria before this fight and put all her armour/charm on any of the other characters. If you put most of your points in speed, she'll evade most of your attacks. Putting your characters on guard and/or counter before this fight should help. Use Zaq only for healing. Lastly, charms bought earlier will come in very handy here.

Hoyeah. Finished Act II just a few hours ago, and I have to say, it was even better than Act I. I nearly cried at the end, but maybe I'm just a sucker for SPOILER Auria/Ray. Beautiful moment, 'specially where she made obvious how jealous she was of Vel :3 END SPOILER

I'm just wondering, so that I could finish the extra sidequest. Where do I find the Virad artifact and a model for BIOREK? And I'm talking about Act II here :)

ok i try.....

UntoldReveries wrote:

What level are you at? If you're under 4, then this battle will be almost impossible to win. Doing sidequests will help you in that regard. Did you make Seri cast Disenchant? It'll debuff the boss, but won't work on regen though.

Make sure to unequip Auria before this fight and put all her armour/charm on any of the other characters. If you put most of your points in speed, she'll evade most of your attacks. Putting your characters on guard and/or counter before this fight should help. Use Zaq only for healing. Lastly, charms bought earlier will come in very handy here.

There is no sound in Act II! What do I now? I finished the first game just in time for it, too. Help!

I tried migrating my save from the first file and trying the second game as a standalone, both successfully, reinstalling etc. But I still have sound in game 1 and no sound in game 2.

Lately people whom I know have been mixed up my dreams quite a lot. Last night I dreamed Auria and Zaq suddenly fell in love, to Auria's wonder and Zaq's dismay. Don't know where that came from, as it's obvious he and Seri are destined for each other.

Why are Auria's people regarded as humans, while her friends, who are obviously human as well, are regarded as not being human? I don't get it.

Also finished Act II.

The second release improved a lot. I'm happy that the menu is clearly structured now. It would be nice if the menu point "Techniques" would contain the techniques used in battle mode.

Spoiler(highlight to read):

I'm sad that Mia had to die. She just didn't deserve it. I am curious how the story will go on. As things are now, Auria is the leader of the Virad though she has still control over her own body - I bet the Virad captains will be furious when they discouver it. ^^

Btw, when you had to choose to kill either Seri or Vanquish which one was your choice and why? I let Seri to be 'killed' because I thought he would let both go when I show him that I treat them equally even if Vanquish is a stranger. It turned out to be a good choice(even if Seri was injured) because I wouldn't have survived the battle without another character who has the ability to heal.

(spoiler ends)

Candide wrote:

I'm just wondering, so that I could finish the extra sidequest. Where do I find the Virad artifact and a model for BIOREK? And I'm talking about Act II here.

Go to Biorek after you gained a certain new character.

As for the Virad artifact:Bring him a Virad mask. The monster in the warehouse where Seri was hold drop them. As for the second artifact he asked for, I didn't find anything yet.

Thanks for the suggestion, soutaiyou. I already have that upgraded dll as Act I crashed at the beginning. The latest version of the dll fixed that problem.

I seem to be the only player who has no sound in Act II. I have been to the official site, but I didn't see anything there.

Hmm... having no sound is strange... I had almost thought the same thing because when I had downloaded Act II to play as a stand-alone, I moved all files into its own folder and forgot to put the Audio folder that came with it into the same folder... it was when I was looking in the folder that I have all of Amaranthia's homemade games in that I noticed the Audio folder was not in Act II's folder... lol

Edit: someone erase the second posting or this one... I'm wearing a brace on my right arm, so the mouse clicked twice instead of once!

Hmm... having no sound is strange... I had almost thought the same thing because when I had downloaded Act II to play as a stand-alone, I moved all files into its own folder and forgot to put the Audio folder that came with it into the same folder... it was when I was looking in the folder that I have all of Amaranthia's homemade games in that I noticed the Audio folder was not in Act II's folder... lol

I found nothing referring to sound in the F1 menu, but I hit Reset anyway and tried unchecking a few things as an experiment, then checking them again. No go, so I logged off and rebooted.

What audio directory would that be, xanaphia? Act II came as a zip, and I unzipped everything into its own directory. There are no subdirectories. There are lots of sound files, mostly oggs and a few mp3s. I have no separate Audio directory in Act II, just in Act I as that's how it came.

I had actually copied all the files in Act I into the Act II directory in hopes that might help, but all that did was load Act I, complete with music. Of course, I had overwritten Act II's Game.exe, what a dummy, LOL.

I know they came with their own Audio folders... I was saying that I had misplaced mine after unzipping it because I directly unzipped it into my Amaranthia Games folder instead of into its own folder. :P

Now, this is interesting. I had no idea the directory structure in II was supposed to be the same as I, because there was no indication of any subdirectories inside the zip file as there usually is, I examined it to be sure.

So after what you said, I unzipped the file again, checked 'use folder names' this time, and lo and behold! All normal. It seems to be a fault in the way the zip file was created, the subdirectories are hidden from view instead of being shown as they always are. Or perhaps it's just that I have an old version of Winzip and can't see what users of the latest version can see, that could be it.

The problem didn't happen with I, because that installer comes as an executable, not a zip, so everything installed correctly automatically.

Thanks so much to everyone who replied, I was getting desperate. I'm really grateful for your help.

heh... I use jzip instead of winzip for one reason... I can't get winzip to work with Vista... and when I looked for it, it wouldn't give it to me for free... but jzip is a free one, so I immediately got that one instead.

Also finished Act II.

The second release improved a lot. I'm happy that the menu is clearly structured now. It would be nice if the menu point "Techniques" would contain the techniques used in battle mode.

Spoiler(highlight to read):

I'm sad that Mia had to die. She just didn't deserve it. I am curious how the story will go on. As things are now, Auria is the leader of the Virad though she has still control over her own body - I bet the Virad captains will be furious when they discouver it. ^^

Btw, when you had to choose to kill either Seri or Vanquish which one was your choice and why? I let Seri to be 'killed' because I thought he would let both go when I show him that I treat them equally even if Vanquish is a stranger. It turned out to be a good choice(even if Seri was injured) because I wouldn't have survived the battle without another character who has the ability to heal.

(spoiler ends)

At least she became "human" again, in a way. Still, dumb Ray D:<.

I chose not to kill both =P I almost died when I finished off Kasch.

As for the Virad artifact:Bring him a Virad mask. The monster in the warehouse where Seri was hold drop them. As for the second artifact he asked for, I didn't find anything yet.

You mean Vel? Tried talking to him, didn't work D: Is she supposed to be in the active party?

Thanks for the tips :D

ayne wrote:

You can also get Virad hoods by fighting those monsters at the warehouse. I'm still in the early stages of Act II (just met Mia) and have given him those 2 items so far. If I find anything else, I'll let you'll know. :)

@ Candide:

I had her as well as Seri in the active party, I don't know if it makes a difference.

I also got a Virad uniform in the warehouse.

edit: You don't need to play again the whole episode. If you have a save file before you entered the door in the white door dimesion in the Maladorr mansion(sounds kind of strange..), you can still go anywhere.

Candide wrote:

You mean Vel? Tried talking to him, didn't work D: Is she supposed to be in the active party?

Ah, I think I know what triggers it. It's actually connected to another quest. So you need to complete that one first.

Oh, and you can get him more than one model. Not just Vel but Seri too! ^_^

Spoiler (Please highlight to read) :

You need to speak to the Orkan Tailor with Seri and/or Vel in the active party to receive swimsuits for them. Then equip the swimsuits onto her/them. Now go speak to Biorek.

Once you get their photo shoots done, save to the first slot. The next time you run the game, you should find something new. ;)