Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
CountVlad

Novostrana (v0.30 - 14th May 2010)

Yeah... I'm stuck on the game anyways... can't sell or use anything without it still being in the inventory after doing so, nor can I pick up a box for a quest 'cause its too heavy... I'm going to see what happens if I start a new game and go for that item first.

Did you continue a saved game from v0.20, because that'll produce loads of error. Selling stuff works for me (I haven't tried the quest item, but I put zero weight on it so it should work).

BTW, I discovered you can access the Manual from the Start menu as well (kinda forgot about it).

There's a new patch out that fixes a crashing bug:

http://www.rpg-magic.org/games/novostrana/downloads/nov_031_patch.exe

I've discovered that you're right about the box. To pick it up you will have to sell or drop a few things. I know you said that you can't sell anything or use anything so try dropping something by pressing 'D'.

Well... I was finally able to use and sell things and not still have them... what I'd done was completely uninstall the game and then reinstalled it, including the patch... but now I just keep dying :P I'll figure it out though... hehe... it is a challenge, which I actually like.

Hello CountVlad can you tell me waths wrong because i´m downloading from this site and your site and the only version i can get is version 2.0.0.36 and not version 0.30 can you tel me waths wrong please.

Ah! I think that may be the version of the program I used to make the installer, "Clickteam Install Creator", not the version of the game. Unfortunately it's one of those things I can't do anything about.

If you get it from the link on my site or the link in this thread it will always be the latest version.

It works fine for me.

Are you sure you're buying it correctly?

When you go into the shop screen, select the "Buy" option.

Go down the the item you want to buy. If it is greyed out then you can't buy it.

Press enter and select the quantity you want.

When you have selected the quantity, press enter again. Now press escape twice. The armour should now be in the inventory (greyed out) and in the equipment menu when you scroll down to "Body".

I hope that helps.

I'll try to improve the manual for next time.

Its not working for me CountVlad,Maybe because i'm working with windows vista home premium ?

And i know how to buy items,because i´m playing RPG games for several years now but this time it wont work.

Is it not possible that the weight of the bacpack is to low,because when i buy that armor de weight is over 10kg and my backpack is maximal 10kg.

Ah! That'll be it! Kinda forgot about weight. :oops:

In that case you'll have to sell something first to lower the weight. You can increase the max amount of weight you can carry by buying a new bag from a merchant who may sometimes be found in the Inn in Willenke.

The weight system is designed to give the player more of a challenge, but maybe I've made it a bit too challenging.

Ha ha ha ha you can say that CountVlad a bit too challenging.

I like this game.

I have trying it again with a complete empty backpack but it´s no use it wont work.

CountVlad i can only tell you that this game is not so playeble because you cant't buy food or armor or waepens and every time you goth the sign that you have to eat but there is no place to buy anithing i'm sorry to tell you this.

There are currently four shops in the game, all of which are in Willenke village. The food shops can be accessed by talking to the Innkeeper, Joseph or Ylva. The equipment shops are Joseph and Steffen.

I have tested them, so I know they work. I'll see if I can find another computer to install the game on to try it out, but I think it's the kind of bug that would've shown up already if it was there.

I think CountVlad that this is a bug because at the inkeeper,joseph or ilva thei are all sell the same wares like crud dagger,club,axe,and flowers.

Just the same as the smithy.

So you can't buy any food.

Dangit, you're right! Whichever shop you buy from first is the shop that you always buy from.

I'll have to look into that ASAP and get another patch out for it.

Edit: That's a really interesting one, actually. So-far I haven't seen anything that would produce that error. It's not present in v0.20, so it has to be something that's been changed since then. I've tried several things, but none of them have worked. I'll keep trying and let you know what happens.

uhum...i would not like to disturb you ppl but maybe you should get some beta testers. Even 2-3 can also provide a huge help. Also as game is distributed widely on net then the game should be played on several computers(thats what beta testers are for). Oh and btw i was finally able to install this game but as you are preparing a patch now(which i hope will be the last) i will play game after you upload the patch. Oh btw did i told that this game is what i always wanted to play ie. realistic. i always wondered how ppl can keep tons of items in a backpack. Also in my demo(yes i used to make a game too, though dropped it) was full of bugs and the most buggy thing in that was backpack lolz. I introduced a similar type of system but in the end it became so buggy that i had to finally remove it. Though if your script works out with no bugs then i would also try to introduce that system again(if i will restart it) so i am desperately waiting for this game lolz. Oh and just a question. How much long is this new demo?

Im looking forward to it countvlad ^_^

I think this one is a very good game xD I like the designs u made while they talk

and the characters too d[>u<]b

@Kbljkl: Yeah, Skydancer was supposed to test it before it was released, but she was way too busy with other things. I did some testing myself, but developers are notoriously bad at testing their own games!

One of the advantages of posting it all over the net, though, is that there are a lot more people testing it and so-far I've collected bugs from three or four different sites, all of which were different.

The reason I started making this in the first place was that I feel far too many RPGs now are so unrealistic and, frankly, stupid. I hate MMO style battle systems, for example.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking with the last question, so I'll answer it for both the possibilities.

I'm not sure how long the current version takes to play through, but probably about an hour, two if you explore everywhere.

If you meant how long it will be until the next version is released, at least a month, probably more. It'll have way more stuff in it though, so hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

@griselmay: Thanks! :)