Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
mara34

Spook... what's up with that guy? CONTAINS SPOILERS

I think Stella's survival is going to be cannon, although not nessesarily through GON. I can't link it up, because I can't remember where it's posted, but someone once wrote something to the effect of, 'aw, does that mean we can't do X if we didn't save Stella' and Shaz replied with something to the effect of, 'you haven't visited the dead before, wink wink.' Okay, I'm super paraphrasing, but I got the impression from something Shaz posted that Stella's making a comeback whether she died in GON or not. And, seeing as Edward insisted on a 'Hero's Funeral' for her, I think he'll be pretty glad to see her.

Okay, I'm super paraphrasing, but I got the impression from something Shaz posted that Stella's making a comeback whether she died in GON or not.

It's true.Shaz had mentioned before that there is a possible way of bringing her back in TLO, but with all the inquiries after stella,she stuck to riddles ;) Although she did mention that Stella won't be playing a very big part in the game, or be fighting *for that sake*.

For now,looks like only Amanda and Shaz know whats up the sleeve ;) but they ain't gonna spoil the fun :D

Yeah. :D I think spook is kinda weird. I'll agree that he is serious but I've also noticed he calls Mel "Kid". Thinking like that- I'd probably say their is no romance; I missed this at the interview and thought he is a threat to the whole "MelxEddy" thing. But Now i don't think so. Besides i guess it really doesn't matter cuz in a few weeks we are all gonna find out. XD

I think Spook disappears at the middle of the game as he got Dameon'd .... but then I think he'll get freed and makes it to the end! with Mel and Edward =o ... I gotta stay tuned for their love story ^_^

Whoops. I might be arriving kinda late. Anyway. My take on Spook ...

He seems very practical and streetwise. Is it just me, or does he sound kind of protective of Mel? I'm not overwhelmed, but I was prepared to go "meh" over Spook, so his seriousness yet devious 'bad boy' tone kind of attracted me.

One thing I'm sure of :

Edward is going to have to step up a WHOLE 'nother notch to keep Mel.

Let the game begin. LOL

assuming the game's canon is eddies with mel yes? Since he could have went with stella or lydia. Mel would than be relegated to a friend status.

Spook, yes. I like him...but still, it's true, he may be just obsessed with Mel. But anyways, maybe you can get him with Yvette in the game.

Okay, since you could get Edward marry with any of the girls [xept his mum XD], I don't see why that wouldn't be avaiable for Spook...I mean, you could marry him with Mel [that's if she hasn't married Edward], June, or Yvette. You'll probably kill me for saying this: but Yvette kinda reminds me of Lydia. Though, she seems kind.

... Doesn't matter. This thread is for Spook. But since he's in Moony's harem, he'll just have to marry her. :3

btw, calling Mel a kid reminds me of...Oswald. XDD mom, don't kill me for this! :D

@Smirk: Yeah, I'm pretty sure Stella is an NPC. I think somewhere Shaz posted that Stella, Lydia, and Tei'jal wouldn't be playable but you'd 'hear from them.'

@KTC: Unfortunately (for me, I just never thought they matched)the Mel + Edward engagement is cannon. I think. I believe there's a response to one of the news threads (maybe a character interview) that the default engagement should you not load a save game from before will be to Mel. On the upside (for me) I won't have to replay everything to get the attraction points for Mel (obviously, I stacked 'em all for Stella) if I want to try the game with that. That being said, I have my suspicions that the marriage doesn't happen (Lydia messes it somehow) so that still leaves Mel open for Spook.

@mara: do you have a direct quote for that? Cuz in Am world, all the characters once married are rather monogamous. (elini's really the only exception. Even teijal was monogamous in a fashion to galahad.)

I don't see Spook breaking a legit Eddy/Mel marriage at all going by the trend.

How did y'all find out about Spook? I can find no detailed mention of him in blogs, forum, interviews, etc. I want to read what it says, as I've enjoyed getting to know him while playtesting TLO. :D

@KTC: I wasn't clear on what you want exact quotes for, so here's a couple:

In reference to Lydia messing up the wedding (supporting my theory that Mel is not nessesarily attached to Edward in anyway. I figure he's not married to anyone):

But ... Edward is already engaged - to someone else - isn't he?

if Edward + Mel

If you think I'm going to allow Prince Edward to marry a rat-catching street urchin, then think again!

if Edward + Stella

The butterfly girl? Please! Thais needs a queen with a backbone, not a conflict-hating animal lover.

if Edward + Belf

The Orc? Ha! Princess or not, an overgrown Orc will never sit on the throne in Thais.

The wedding is tomorrow. Do you think you can change his mind by then?

Edward doesn't know what's good for him. It is my duty to help him make the right choice, even if he disagrees.

This is all part of the interview here: http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=203 I'm assuming Lydia screwing up Edward's wedding is going to be a major plot point, based on this and the title screen that portrays her wearing a crown: http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=201

About Mel and Edward being the default engagement and thus being canon:

If you continue a saved GoN game, it begins with Edward and whoever he was engaged to. If you start a new game, the default is that Edward and Mel are engaged.
This response is Shaz's reply to the article here:

http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=203

And about Stella's resurection:

Amanda has made it no secret that if Stella died in GoN, she will be back in TLO. You just need to know where to look (or pay attention to what Aisling says - she hears more than I do )

Stella will be back, alive and well, but not in your party this time around.

This reply by Shaz is following the Mel interview:

http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=204

But according to Aisling's (thanks, Ai) Pendragon family tree update, Lydia has somehow succeeded and made Edward marry HER. And Mel was engaged to him, but they 'separated'.

So Edward, I'm gathering, if the EdXMel canon is still on, is trying to get away from his maniac of a wife and trying to win Mel back (?) while glowering at Spook. Busy guy.

Seraphina, remember some of ailsing's family tree is based on her own thoughts/speculations, not actual fact. :)

Only three people (Amanda, Shaz, and I) know what happens in TLO, and 'we ain't talking'. ;):D

=( my problem is that if you do get to choose between spook and eddie... I want MelXSpook and my sister wants EddieXMel... we could play on different saves but we enjoy going through the story together so one can watcha and the other uses the keyboard.

Then with the spook thing, I don't think he is evil, but I do think he has his own motives.

lol! If you want melxspook and she wants melxeddie then you both can see what the different endings are like ;) but wot if spook is mel's brother ? :o

I recently got through GON again. When I first played it I automatically tried getting Mel and Edward together, even though I didn't like Edward at all and thought Mel was alright, but not the type you tie down and made queen. Of course, like probably most of you, the first time I played, I failed at getting them together and ended up with the "lovely" alternative princess lady. lol

Stella never really crossed my mind as someone Edward would happily end up with had Mel or Lydia been out the picture. But now playing through GON again, as well as intending to get a Stella/Edward ending for once, it really felt as though they were supposed to end up all along. For instance, when they first meet, Edward refuses to leave her side even though she's a complete stranger. As the game continues, and you reach pivotal moments when the others in the party are more focused on stopping Gydendal than think of poor Stella's wherabouts, Edward keeps looking out for her instead of the masses (not very "future-kingly" of him when the rest of humankind/magic-creaturekind is being threatened XD).

And if you think about, who would of the three be the best queen? Not someone who despises nobles, but certainly not someone who wants to be above others either. Oh wait, why not the one that's been displaced from her duties and home and is pretty selfless and nice? You also don't need to have Eddie work against the odds for Stella, nor is she trying to force her way into his hearts or to the throne. In a sense, even though you have to do a little to get them together, Stella is probably a lot harder to pair up with him because players most likely try pairing him up with Mel or Lydia while Stella might easily get ignored since she's so much more of a mysterious and supporting character than a main character we know a lot about. Okay, I'd say more about this because there a quite a few instances of the above, but I don't want to over due the spoilers. ;)

Back to topic: I think Spook might just be more compatible with Mel...that is, if they're not related. XD lol Maybe he's a Pendragon. Like a descendant of RipXNicolas Pendragon? He seems too formal to be a thief...

loving the discussion! :D

Re Aisling's family tree ... beta testing hasn't started quite yet, so Aisling hasn't seen who's where. I believe she had Edward & Mel together in the tree, but when we showed the title page, with Lydia as queen, she said something about changing it (I guess assuming Lydia had to be married to Edward in order to be the queen). Who knows whether it's totally correct, or whether it'll change again? ;)

I'll have to remember to ask her NOT to update it during testing, if it's going to give away major plot points...

Enjoying all the Spook-speculations. You're all so suspicious ;) Mel was pretty serious in the first game too, and she turned out half decent :D

@ Dis

I'm glad you see all the qualities in Stella that I saw... Even though it took a second play through GON to get there. I'd decided from LOT that Stella would be great for queen and I totally saw all those little moments that made it seem like Edward cared about her. I guess if one was trying so desperatly to pair him with the lead (Mel) this may get overlooked. Stella is so gracious compared to the other ladies. And you're right, you don't have to fight to pair them. I made a few 'mistakes' when tring to pair them (Orc flowers, gave something to Mel instead, et cetera) and I was still able to get them engaged. That seems like a great match, something you don't have to work super hard for, but doesn't nessesarily come without any effort at all.

Could someone help me out with where to find the Spook interview? I see Yvette, Mel, Edward, and Lydia on the side of the screen and I really want to catch up on this conversation! :)

My friend is convinced that Spook is Gyendal in disguise... then wouldn't the SpookxMel pairing be (at least) slightly creepy...? *cough*http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10475&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0*cough*