Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheFool

2010! (Newsletter)

Well, sad to say we only have two more years before the world goes poof. Of course, 10 years ago the world went poof, though some argued it was going to be 9 years ago. Turns out the world didn't end, in case you missed it.

Tragic as it is, what this means to me is I have to endure TWO whole years of "the end is neigh" shows on TV. It almost makes me wish all these predictions were true... or at least true for the TV executives.

There's one thing that IS true. We are mortal. We live, we die. The world is also mortal in that sense. There will come a final day, someday, and after that the planet supporting life as we know it will cease to support even the smallest organism. Now I will leave the debate if our planet will go to some kind of cosmic heaven or hell to the philosophers, but what I would really like to know is how do YOU see the end of days panning out.

My prediction: Dinosaurs will return from space and enslave humanity, only to find us willing and able to rebel and destroy our entire planet to crush their foul influence over the good humans. Death to the coldbloods!

Discuss it here and give us your favorite end of days! If someone feels up to it, keep score on how many of your ideas make it to TV shows and feature films over the next two years. Someone tell me I am joking too; I can't take many more of these shows!

End of days: the sun will fry the planet lol. That's the real ending for the planet imo.

Human ending? I'm guessing WWIII, using all our resources, and/or a large asteroid causes ice age again.

I look forward to the end of the human world cuz that means I have no more debt lol. (bout 100K+ *sobs*)

lol, KTC and aisling. ^

KTC: dang, good luck.

aisling: finally

end of the world: I'm getting sick of the shows, too. But the Myan calander only indicates the end of a cycle, not the world. IMO, people just jumped to conclusions cuz they were freaked that there was a possibility of the end of the world.

Maybe something big will happen, like some kind of solar event or whatever, but I'm prepared to stand by and see what happens. Looking forward to the reactions of the people that were fully convinced that 'the end is upon us!' if the end... was not. ;)

But my cousin/nephew won't care. Cuz he still gets to turn thirteen, something he's wanted since he was 6. His b-day is the 23rd, and the little punk will be totally oblivious if the end actually does happen. :D

Well some dude predicted the world's gonna end around 2011. Though he was wrong about the 2nd coming of jesus also...

Anyhow: why does he care about turning 13? 18/21 I get, but not thirteen.

Also: 13 = western superstition. Chinese have 4 as a bad luck number. Yet we made 1994/2004 just fine XD

This world does not literally end, only figuratively. When we learn to live forever, we go and explore the universe. Of course, before we can do that, we have to change our system of things, our "world." The old "world" will be destroyed and we will have a new one.

Ten thousand years from now we will have the technology to fix the Earth or the Sun if they need it, so they don't have to end.

I have faith that with God's help we can do it.

old world destroy? Naw, it'll just (de)evolve. Humans never quite create a new system, only working on the current. As for 10000 years, let's how we do in several decades lol.

End of the world..:o There's so many possible endings..

Bad: With all the scientific/nuclear experiments going on ,a horrible virus is released.Everyone gets infected and people start aging backward very quickly..and then *POOF* disappear XD Well,the world doesn't die,but it does become lifeless.(Plants and animals are affected too)

Worse:The sun's gravitational force increases beyond measure.All the planets are drawn toward it and *BOOM* goes the solar system.Not a pleasant ending.. *Runs off to find sunscreen* XD

Worse still:A psycopathic magician summons all demons from hell :evil: With no rhen here to protect us,the world turns into a living apocalypse..

Better:The entire world is turned into chocolate. Everyone eats everyone else :D :evil:

Lol,I watch too many movies..

LOL, Val! LOL.

Bad: My mom will absolute love that ending. (She gets to be young again!!! XD)

Worse: By the time that happens, I'll be dead (naturally, I hope), so I'll just leave my grandkids to worry about that. (Sorry, grandkids!)

Worse still: .......*crickets*

I really, really, hope that doesn't happen. :)

Good: While you're rubbing on sunscreen, I'll be fasting to make room for the chocolate(will there be chocolate fudge?), and getting a napkin. (Chocolate can stain!) :)

KTC: turning thirteen: I think cuz it has 'teen' in it. When you turn thirteen, I think you officially become a teen. So I guess it's kinda getting the label of 'Adult' when you turn 18/21, though not as big a deal. Plus, he's kinda immature, and I don't understand the workings of his mind. I'm not 100% sure on this, though; when I turned thirteen, I had a cupcake and a few Happy Birthdays from my BFs and family. No biggie. (Do you think I like to make a big deal about me getting older and not being a playful kid anymore???)

I just think that title of 'teen' is praised among his friends or something. Dunno. o.0 :D

End of the world: my prophecy(not that Val's aren't great): Only time can tell. :)

Seriously, the only way to know is just to wait and see what happens. I've been noticing that weather has been especially disastrous lately,(including the last 50 years, which I did some research on), like the recent Haiti earthquake, so maybe that's our warning to an apocalypse. But maybe the Mayans ran out of room to continue the calendar and were killed off before they could finish and people took it as the end of the world. XP

Who knows?

Lol,thanks goldie :D

But there's one thing though.People are so scared with what may come,that they forget to enjoy what already is.

But if the world does end in 2011,then all this time i've spent in skul giving all these life-sucking exams,was useless =/ If not,well...it's still useless :D

here's another possibility..

Scary: People are so afraid as to how the world might end that they are overtaken by fear.Everyone kills themselves :o In one word,we all turn into psychopaths :evil:

I'm predicting asteroid to the earth...but only after humans will have no doubt moved on to mars and many a planet after that. Hmmm, now what do I have to do to have people believe my predictions 200 years from now...

hmm...it maybe true jayshe.People are already starting to buy land on the moon :o even if the world does come to an end *i sincerely hope not* we'd probably already have bought another planet to destroy xD

EDIT:oh! oh! I had these weird world-ending ideas in the middle of the night!! pleez take a look :D

Bad:Internet goes out forever, people go insane :evil:

Bad:Attack of the mole people :D

Worse:This world is a dream but the guy dreaming it has to wake up and go to work :D

Worse:All the windmills of the world generate a massive windstorm which wipes out every living thing on land!! *runs off to ask a dolphin if she can share her home*

Worst:All the 'aliens' in the galaxy get infinitely irritated with the bad prototypes in movies :evil: "ATTACK!!!!!!!! (these weird earthlings)"

Worst:A *gulp* mutated swine flu turns us all into actual *gulp* swines :D well,if you look at it,we aren't humans anymore,so the world does end xD

Hey, I LIKE cheesy disaster movies! They're big fun! Their plots are all the same, involving many of the same characters (such as the President of the US, and sometimes other world leaders) or character types (the brainy outcast who turns out to have the answer, the grouchy old disgraced scientist who helps out, the handsome hero and the lovely heroine. And the special effects are such fun and scientifically impossible in real life. Big fun!

How will the world end? Kudzu will take over everything and snuff us all out.

[For any who may not know: kudzu is a very fast-growing vine imported to the southern U.S. from Japan to use as cattle fodder. It has no natural enemies here, and grows like crazy, taking over whole trees and whole houses.]