Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
KTC

Anime is a sin?!

dunno where this goes.

Okay, we've had really serious and angsty debates like abortion and 'is there a god'.

How bout something I find relatively silly?

ROFL

1. COSPLAY JESUS

2. THEY GET RICKROLLED

3. How is anime bad enough to get christian protesters there? XD

I'll attempt to play devil's advocate: CUZ ALL ANIME ARE HENTAI D: Seriously, did you not see Sailor Moon and all its nudity? Or naruto and his harem no jutsu <.< >.>

Anime apparently rots the brains and drags you down to hell :evil:

OH, and just for funnies:

from Rocky Horror Show which features a hermaphrodite alien who gets it on with anything that moves. XD

Disclaimer: no i'm not hating on the christians. but come on, this is some funny stuff. XD

I'm not a fan of anime, I've see a few clips of it. I don't get why these Christians are upset over anime. There are probably a lot worse things than anime.

While I don't exactly approve of cosplaying as Jesus (the intent, to me, seems more of a joke), I still laughed out loud xD I honestly can't believe there were Christian protesters at an anime convention. I mean...really? Really?! They really need to find something better to do with their time oO;;

@aeternus: dunno if they were real protesters, but there's a bunch of vids of them on youtube. Even got one where the police came by lol.

Oh, I don't doubt they were real protesters - I've seen people like that before! Actually, it's very similar to what happens on this one corner in the downtown core of the city I live in. Two people stand at this one busy street corner, one with a camera and one with a giant sign, and one of them (usually the one with the sign) stands on a stool and makes a speech, usually about how evil we all are o_O;

No, I doubt there's any anime and manga featuring Jesus other that the manga Bible or something. One of the cosplayers... meaning? A person cosplaying for the protest or a random cosplayer who happens to dress up as Jesus?

Considering that there's a christian protest for harry potter, twilight, and now avatar, somehow I'm not surprised that anime would be thrown into the mix too! Kind of hilarious that those are all deemed bad enough to waste the time of protesting on.

I'm a Christian and I'm starting to get really annoyed at all these Christians protesting about things that are perfectly normal behaviour or just not important enough to bother with. They're the kind of people that give my religion a bad reputation.

Maybe they should find something they can usefully protest against like human rights abuses.

Personally I like Anime and I don't see anything wrong with it.

@CountVlad: Agreed. There are Christians, and there are "Christians". I'm a Christian too and I see a lot of people claiming to be Christians acting not like they're supposed to.

I think these protesters are the kind of people who (unknowingly) considers their religion as God, not God Himself

I personally don't know where anime stands in a Christian POV. It might well be really a sin, who knows....

I lol'd.

this isn't surprising. i was raised conservative, Poke'mon was considered evil because they were "pocket monsters" and you fought with them. Mini devils! D: the horrors!

Lol! :lol: pokemon!?!?!

I find those little monsters adorable beyond words :D besides,its not like tehy're gonna cum out of the television and start a war with humans XD

oh, so that's why pokemon was so appealing. Oh the temptation :evil:

(Dang it, i thought satan was into the cool stuff. NOT the cutesy stuff. DX)

Wow this is a very nice forum hahaha

I'm a christian from Seventh day adventist(some people know what that's mean)

Moreover I'm the daughter of the curch chief and the grandaughter of the Union SDA organitation president (claps your hand)

AND I'M A BIG FAN OF ANIME, MANGA, GAMES, AND NOVEL!!!!

Well,manga and anime did a lot of thing to me, such as decreasing my mark at school (that's cuz I hate to study and always want to watch anime), and getting scold by my parent (you know who), but well, despite all of that, I learn a lot of moral thing to from them.

The term, "there's no way satan is as scary as everyone discribe, since, you know, there's no way human will follow them if they're very scary" I learn from manga.

And come on this is no such serious material, since I've been told from when I was very little that TV is evil, and from the same time I always stare at my mom who didn't allow me to touch the TV so she can watch the soap.

So you see, if it's sin, then well, I deifnetly had gain a lot hahaha(free ticket for hell)

I think the protester really is not a very good christian themself, since if they do then instead of protesting, then why don't they just make an anime about christianity (all hail anime, all hail LORD!)

@daevas: not that a while ago. They did it again in 2009 with a few more protesters O_o!

The next one is in ~May so going by the 'trend', there are probably going to be protesters there.