Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aeternus

How do you buy your milk?

from Wikipedia:

Polyethylene or polythene is the most widely used plastic, with an annual production of approximately 80 million metric tons. Its primary use is within packaging (plastic bag, plastic films, geomembranes, etc.).

High density polyethylene is used in products and packaging such as milk jugs, detergent bottles, margarine tubs, garbage containers and water pipes.

Isn't there some ind of plastic coating on milk cartons to prevent the milk from seeping through the cardboard? I thought there was. All of the options seem okay if you recycle them instead of throwing them in the garbage. There's a program that makes sleeping mats out of plastic milk bags for people in Africa, and I thought that was pretty cool.

I was browsing topics and saw this. Until now, I never knew that milk came in bags! Except for milk dispensers in restaurants and cafeterias.

When I was young, milk came in bottles. Then came the cartons, then plastic jugs.

I have my milk delivered in 1 gallon plastic jugs,2% and the jugs are recycled.

It costs a little more to have my bread and dairy delivered to me but it comes from local sources so I know what I am geting.

I buy my milk in plastic bottles. Cause yo uknow, I don't believe this whole eco conspiracy crap. We just need better waste treatment, but I'm sure there's plenty of time, and to those who say my children will pay..well I won't have children. :]

I now buy my milk in plastic jugs and recycle but as a kid, our milk was delivered in glass bottles. There was no such thing as 2% milk back then. The cream would rise to the top and be canted off for use in coffee and the like. Bottles were returned and reused. Where I live we still have a dairy that delivers but it is very expensive.

Well my family has rather weird habits when it comes to milk...my parents live apart so they each have different...er, milk...habits...

My mum just buys her milk in a plastic bottle, like most people here.

My dad, however, rarely goes to town (like once in every two months) so he always get our mum to bring him shopping. In his shopping he gets two 1L plastic bottles of fresh milk. Every. Single. Time. When he does go to town he stocks up on over twenty (yes, you read that right) things of carton long life milk. Which we proceed to live of for as long as we can. Oh, and he has around five huge packets of powdered milk mix in the cupboard.

And he only goes to town for two things: Gas and milk.

The man just loves his milk.

I did not know what milk was when I was in university. I was always on Starbucks coffee.

Before that and also now that I am back at our house, the milk bought comes contained in a plastic gallon.

I like non-fat milk because it doesn't leave a strange aftertaste like milk with 2% fat or higher.

Well, those who get their milk in bags have special containers for holding the bag. So, you don't have to worry about pouring from a floppy bag. :)

Wow! you get milk in bags? I did not know there was such a thing.

Only sometimes do I buy my milk in cartons, but most of the time I get it straight from Bulldozer in the morning.

Bulldozer is my cow. I named her that because when the food is brought out... run for dear life! or be trampled like the rest of the cows. Lets just say I'm working on my sprints.