Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
cueball7978

Goodie Caves question

They will only be posted her long from now. The maps, which I will move to the public forums in a week or so, have them VERY subtly marked. However, the official strategy guide has them prominently marked. :)

just a question, i have completed the aveyond 3 part 3 game without the goodie caves and i think i mught want to try it with the goodie caves i know where 1 of them is can any one tell me where the other 3 are at i dont want to know where the gold goodie cave is though cuz im good

You could get the strategy guide where I've heard that the goodie caves are marked quite well. :)

To tell you the truth, even I don't know where most goodie caves are. :)

I can tell you this, though. They are mostly in the places yuo visit first in Eldrion.

We don't allow telling where they are until the game has been out a LONG time, and even then, the information will have to be given in hidden spoiler text. :)

The locations are VERY subtly marked on the maps posted here, and prominently marked in the Strategy Guide.

Lol quickest way 2 find them go around pressing walls.

*If you know put the writing white then say (highlight for spoilers)

I WANNA KNOW if you find one do what i just said with the * before it!!!!

These "goodies" are really "nasties"! I have no idea why somebody thought it was a good idea to have them! They totally and completely spoil the game! I thought it was cute when I first started to play and it didn't take me long to figure out that these so warped the play that I started over and refused to use them! I wish they would make them disappear!

Well, they don't have to be used. They are completely optional.

As for divulging their locations, we don't want them posted here in the forum. Please do so in a PM.

@hischildbeth: if it was your first run through, you're not suppose to use goodies. It's like how some game developers intentionally leave some built in cheats for anyone who doesn't want to suffer the whole thing again and just take a short cut.

They've been a feature since the very first AP game and I doubt they will be taken out of later games.

Some people just like the story part of the game and aren't that interested in the battles or the collecting money or the buying equipment. In previous games, the goodies were provided as patches to download and install. But so many people had problems, and we had to provide support for people who didn't know how to download and install, or who thought they were doing it correctly but just didn't see the end result, that Amanda made it easier by building the goodies right into the game.

There will be goodies in future Aveyond games. At least now that you know what they are, you'll know not to use them if you ever happen to discover any more. In most cases, they're hard to find and you've got to be actually looking for them. And now that you know what one looks like, you'll definitely recognize any others - by the appearance, by talking to the dwarf, or by the location name in the lower left - and know not to open the chests. ;)

I'm one of those who much prefers the story and exploration. I love seeing all the varied maps. I see all the battles as the means to an end. But I think I might get bored if there weren't some fighting. :D :D

Well, I found the gold, armor and weapons goodie caves and feel very powerful and wealthy! lol I'm also going through the game for the second time, with my newfound wealth and power. While it's nice to go through battles without too much concern about injury or death, and it is nice to buy whatever my little heart desires, I've decided it's much more fun to struggle through on your own. . . the hard way. I love the games!