Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
tiniponi

MAPS, FAQ, walkthroughs, guides, etc - LINKS - IN PROGRESS

PLAYERS:
Feel free to work on walkthroughs, guides, etc, if you like. Please post below if you post a walkthrough, guide, etc, and I'll add a link to your it. Thanks so much.

Official Strategy Guide (tiniponi) thorough, including tables

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (tiniponi)

Root System ASCII chart (belinda)

MAPS (annotated)

Maps will be posted only after the game has been out at least two weeks.

(Grouped-by-area maps follow individual maps list)

INDIVIDUAL MAPS (annotated)

- WORLD MAP

Worm Tunnels (tiniponi)

GROUPED MAPS (annotated)

Folks, I just downloaded the strategy guide for the 5 minute trial, and noticed BFG used the unannotated maps instead of the annotated ones. I have sent an email to them about this, as the maps had some very important information on them.

The guide still has many valuable things in it, but if your connection is slow, you might want to wait to download it until we see if they will correct this.

Well,I have that Strategy guide and the maps are awful! Small and not named, no directions. Just not worth the money. I hope you will have the usual quality of maps that Aveyond is known and loved for! You can't copy these from BF and use them as you play either. (I bought it before I saw this.) :(

And I also hope that the Walkthrough will be of the usual quality. It is why the games have been so popular and liked by so many. It is not the wait that people want, but the playing. :)

I'll say this, if your maps and walkthroughs were available when the games are, I'd buy it from this site. Because we'd get the complete and full walkthrough, detailed, with great maps.

Ones we can download and use as we play. SEE as we play! Nobody does it better than this site!

Like it or not some of us need that, and some enjoy that as well as need it. So thanks for letting us have fun too. :)

Hey UnicornLady,

the maps in the strategy guide from Big Fish are the wrong ones. Tiniponi provided an edited version of the maps, with all the names and directions, and an unedited version, which they require, and they used the wrong set.

They ARE in the process of fixing the problem, and when they do, I believe your Game Manager will automatically grab the updated version. So for the time being, you can use the maps in the strategy guide to see the lay of the land and get your bearings, and know that they'll (hopefully soon) be updated to have all the locations marked as well :)

Hmm - selling a strategy guide complete with maps from THIS site ... hadn't considered that. Will talk to Amanda about it.

@shaz:

" selling a strategy guide complete with maps from THIS site ... hadn't considered that. Will talk to Amanda about it."

though wouldn't it be redundant since the maps will be available here? And the forum is the 'strategy guide to end all guides' lol.

yeah. But UnicornLady is talking about having the whole thing available to download and print right when the game's released. Having all the maps prepared and annotated might be an issue, but it's usually a few weeks before someone provides a walkthrough, and if someone has questions on the forum, they might sit waiting for a while for them to be answered (and then some of the answers are just hints that aren't always that helpful - and in some cases are just WRONG).

@ Shaz, Well I was thinking along the lines of having some of those who do this, getting together and doing this before the Game is released. A walkthrough is not a strategy, as we know from previous games! Even with them we were in the Forums! Well I was anyway.

It may be a dumb idea, but that strategy guide is the pits this time. I don't know why it turned out that way. I guess I was frustrated and looking for answers. (Still am!) :lol: Yes I think they will (someday):lol: update the maps!

I love the game and am disappointed in the Guide.

So forgive me for any silly ideas. :peace:

Hi, Unicornlady,

BFG has updated the guide with the correct maps. As I said in the topic (above your post), they accidentally put in the unedited maps instead of the annotated ones (they require both be sent to them). I just installed the updated guide and the maps are now the annotated ones.

I'm really sorry you don't like the guide. I spent about 3 months making it, often 15 hours a day, so it is discouraging that you are so adamant that it is 'the pits'.

I did accidentally leave out one of the maps, and requested it be added when they were replacing the maps, but they didn't include it. For that one (Worm Tunnels), I've posted it in the 'Stickied' topics at the top of this forum.

Again, I'm truly sorry you don't like it. Constructive criticism is welcome ... what beside the maps (which have now been replaced) do you not like.

BTW, you do know you can run the strategy guide and the game at the same time, right? (And yes, I'm talking about even if you got both from BFG.)

Guest AuroraNightshade

Actually, I agree wholeheartedly with the suggestion to sell them HERE - I only every use them for the MAPS or for puzzles I'm totally and completely lost on, and I've noticed that BFG's are utterly useless for that. This one's no exception - I bought it, and it doesn't even HAVE the map (annotated or otherwise) for the worm caves - where I'm currently lost at. Waste of money! I'd rather spend it on something of value - like I KNOW I'd get from *HERE*.

Guest AuroraNightshade

Sorry to double post, but actually I am lost and stuck and since the Big Fish is *NO* help - I noticed Tiniponi put up a map of the worm cave that's supposed to match with the one from the Wormbone desert. Any idea where to find the wormbone desert map? I'd Love to get out of these caves sometime and back into Tyobi's shop and onto the rest of the game

Tiniponi,

I am so sorry you took what I said about the BF maps and walkthrough as your fault. It was not.

Do not be so quick to think it had to be you, and not how they presented it...I did download the update and the sentences are also much better now. Maybe the tip of a letter here and there shaved off a tiny bit, not like I had before. You did the usual super job for us. Thank you and accept my apology for anything that I may have said that made you think I thought differently. :goodjob:

What I would really consider essential is a World Map released with the game. And then, of course, the annotated maps at their proper time. My poor addled brain cannot remember where this place is or how to get to that place, so an overview map would help a lot. I love the forums cuz they have so much information, except for directions. I can't find the Stonetooth Caves again or the last pixie and it's making me insane. But so far, I'm having an absolute blast and thank EVERYONE involved in this intricate game.

@crcdcc

Thanx--I finally found them AND the stoopid last fairy. If I wander around lost and confused, in a couple hours, I usually find what I need. Now all I have to do is remember it all!

The World map was way too huge to put in the strategy guide, but it will be posted here with the rest of the maps in about 1-1/2 weeks. :)

Actually, now that I think of it, I think I will go ahead and move that map to the public forums now.

Personally, the idea of having all the strategy guides posted when the game comes out turns me off. Yes, while it might be helpful, it would also be a hassle.

For instance, this means that we would either have to wait longer on the games to come out until the WT is done OR, there would have to be more staff hired especially for the WT/maps so they would all be done on the same day.

I'm thinking from a gamer pov, and what I think would be amanda's pov. As a gamer, I wouldn't want to wait until the walkthrough is done just to play the game, I'd rather blunder through it and beat my head off the wall, makes for more game time. (In my opinion, a walkthrough should only be used if you've been stuck for a while, or if you've beaten the game and want to go back and do everything) If I were Amanda, I wouldn't want to add that much more manpower JUST to have WT/maps done the same day as the game. As Tiniponi has stated, there are 15-20 hour days going into each map, then add deadlines......no keep things the way they are. Much less stress on the people who work so hard to make these games enjoyable for us.

@Epdove

That's what I do as well, I'm a scatter brain and I still get lost in Thais. :)

You should see my screen when I play Aveyond.....I've got every map downloaded and minimized for when I need it....I don't know HOW many times I got lost going through Thial Mountain System......The worm tunnels in TLO, forget it, I got lucky to find a way out and ran like the dickens. :)

Thank goodness for autosave, that's another must have.........don't know how many times I lost hours of gametime from forgetting to save.

We will never delay the release of a game because there isn't a walkthrough ready for it. And I won't say never, but it is highly unlikely that Amanda will put on staff just to make walkthroughs.

If people are happy enough to wait, forum members always make walkthroughs. I've lost count of how many there are for the different games - there are usually at least two, but I think I've seen 3 or 4 for GoN.

If we ever provide "official" walkthroughs on the site here, it will be done by existing staff without affecting the game's release. Likely during breaks in development (when waiting for art, for example), or during testing.

crcdcc:

Actually, I worked on the Strategy Guide for three months while Amanda and shaz were making the game. It was released by BFG at exactly the same time as the game. :)