Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
tiniponi

MAPS, FAQ, walkthroughs, guides, etc - LINKS - IN PROGRESS

I got lost in the root system under the tree and in the worm tunnel anda few others but eventually found my way out. I'm impressed with all the work and everything thats been done with this game and all the others they have put out. Then they work on Walkthru's thats alot of work as well and doing the maps.To think they only charge 10 dollars for all that. I'd rather go thru their site like I did and pay almost 10.00 or whatever it was for this than go thru BFG. Here's hoping they make alot on these games.

OK... Prob off topic... but the one thing I dont like about the Aveyond games is the FREAKING END! ;) They're so awesome (the games), and when it is at it's peak, you crush every1 no prob, it ends.... :S ;) Other than that, I'm always gonna be a huge fan of Aveyond!!! ;)

I'd like to add my preference to buying the strategy guide from this site instead of bigfish. I buy the games from here and would certainly rather give the purchase price to amaranth!

Just my two cents.

tiniponi wrote:

crcdcc:

Actually, I worked on the Strategy Guide for three months while Amanda and shaz were making the game. It was released by BFG at exactly the same time as the game. :)

I only saw the 5 minute strategy guide for it at BFG, was I looking in the wrong place?

I have to say I do appreciate the fact that the WT and the maps are here for free. I know you put a lot of time and effort into making these things for us, and to have all this work for only ten dollars is amazing.

This is one of the reasons I follow the Aveyond Series. I'm a big RPG player, and outside of a few games such as Final Fantasy and Legends of Dragoon, I've not found many RPG's that give me what I consider a decent amount of playing time. Although it is split into shorter chapters, to me it is the same thing as "insert disc two" on my playstation. So kudos to all of you, I love this game. :)

Yes, on BFG, the "demo" time for the strategy guides is only 5 minutes. I guess they figure, if they provided a 1-hour demo, it would be easy for people to take a screenshot of every "page" during the demo, and end up getting it for free (though pages that scroll might be a little more difficult).

The other thing is, it may well take you an hour to get into the story when you're playing the game, and you might need that time to determine whether you want to spend that money. But because you can view the table of contents and quickly skim through the strategy guide, it wouldn't take anywhere near that long for you to decide whether it's going to be useful enough to pay for.

I made a Walkthrough...

im also working for the maps. and ive figured out that using Ms paint(for works like this) is better than PS.

well after playing the game i noticed something...

that the game was rushed in some way.

1. Pictures of the New Characters is somehow drawn by different hand.

2. Discovered some Bugs(2 in total, Proofs on my Blog.)

1. Not rushed. This is the third chapter, and unfortunately, we've had to use 3 different artists for the faces - a new one for each chapter. It's a shame we couldn't have the same artist all the way through, but hey, that's the way it goes.

2. If you have bugs, please post them here in the game forums. We'd rather not have to go chasing a dozen different sites because people decide not to keep them all in the same area. Have you checked to see that they're not already fixed?

3. I'm afraid I had to remove the link to your site. We don't allow links to evangelism sites here. If you have a walkthrough you wish to share, you can either create a PDF and host it on a free file-sharing site and link to THAT, or you can create a new thread here in the forum and post the text.

Sorry for that im not really familiar with the rules i used to only read some walkthroughs for this acount,here exactly what happened when i was playing: ok i was in underfall and used the the mirror transport there and chose acropolis(Curiosity) then accidentally traveled to acropolis. i did not record that part however i did record the killing the giant crab(i came from behind) part. i did not yet checked if it was fixed...

thanks for the instructions..

heres a link 2 my walkthrough:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4QX7M32Z

reuploaded it, cause sometimes the mediafire does a lot of maintaenance.

I plan to make the guide for TLO as soon as I finish Dark Souls.It will be freely available for everyone like my previous walkthroughs on Aveyond.

But the ready maps would have been really helpful.Or I'll have to pause the walkthrough making until they are released.Any particular reason Shaz why the maps will get released two weeks after the game release?

Except one time when we goofed, we always wait at least two weeks after a game is released to move the maps to the public forum. As a matter of fact, I used to not even be able to start on them until a very short time before a game is released, and it takes a long time to annotate them as I have to search every nook and cranny of every location to add chests, important people, etc. For TLO, I was able to start making them three months ago, but we still don't publish them until the game has been out at least two weeks.

This time, though, we may be a couple days short of two weeks, since I am leaving town and won't have internet access for some time. I should probably move them before I leave.

Don't forget to ask permission this time. :D:D

taliahunter:

Does it just not open the page for the download, or are you not seeing how to do it? You have to type in the code shown then Enter, wait until the timer counts down to -0-, then click to begin the download.

I had no trouble with it an hour or so ago.

viscocent wrote:

ok i was in underfall and used the the mirror transport there and chose acropolis(Curiosity) then accidentally traveled to acropolis. i did not record that part however i did record the killing the giant crab(i came from behind) part. i did not yet checked if it was fixed...

I actually did the same thing. I swear I walked around forever looking for Acropolis. I used the Mirror and went right to it. I went through the cave and fought the crab and the game went on like normal. I guess you could call it a bug but I wasn't complaining. :)

It is a bug, and can potentially cause problems later on in the game. Shaz can't fix savegames for this bug, either, so if it does cause later glitches for you, it can't be repaired. Just a warning to anyone who chooses to use this bug.

It has been fixed in the latest build ... I'm not sure if BFG has the update available yet, but it has been sent to them.