Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
cherryh92

Stuck in Caves

I did that for someone earlier. We may need to do it more. :D

What really surprises me is that people don't seem to be getting lost in the Root System but are in the Worm Tunnels. The WT are so much less complicated than the RS. :D

really? I thought the WT was more complicated than the root system. The Root system was fairly easy to get past since you don't need to explore it, just get through it.

WT on the other hand you need to explore for those shields which adds confusion.

Here's a "future" idea; sell a "Sack of breadcrumbs" at one of the shops and allow users to drop them as they travel in the caves :)

I got confused a bit in the worm caves... but thankfully was well equipped so I wasn't worried about being killed.

I've thought a few times that it'd be good to have some kind of a trail to follow, to make your way back.

We might just do that, Bryce, for future complex cave systems.

Though ... surely the monsters would eat breadcrumbs?

Love the breadcrumb and string ideas, even though I enjoy wandering around caves. ;-) Wasn't it Rhen's Quest where the little corpses stayed on the ground instead of disappearing? I think I used to find my way back by following corpses. Eww.

I'm absolutely loving this game. Thanks so much. Must have been fun to write.

It was :)

Some people like to use the chests as a guide - if it's open, you've been here before. But they aren't plentiful enough :D

string: though knowing critters like raccoons, they'd 'play' with it and you'll lose your string O_o;;

how bout bat guano? animals don't mess with that stinky stuff XD

go talk to the blacksmith in tyobi. he'll open his workshop. in the workshop, the entrance is in the lower left hand corner. looks like a hole in the ground.