Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
cbl4ever

simple question i think

Also, I'm pretty sure that you can use the arrow keys instead of the mouse anyways. The mouse is just an option, you don't have to play that way. I personally prefer the arrow keys too.

@untold: that just turns off the custom graphics for the mouse leaving your default mouse. not turn off mouse support.

@cbl: you can use the keyboard for the whole game. the mouse is useful if you can't find a corpse of a monster you kill as it'll turn into a hand.

I play with both ... some things are easier with the mouse, some with the keyboard. You don't need to turn anything on or off. :)

Arrow keys work for directions, Escape brings up the Menu, Spacebar/Enter activate things (opening doors, chests, picking up bags, digging, etc).

Just to confirm, you don't need to "do" anything to change from mouse to keyboard control or back again. You just need to start using your preferred device.

As soon as you press an arrow button on the keyboard, the mouse will disappear (if you have the custom mouse ON) and will not be in your way. As soon as you move the mouse, the mouse icon will reappear.

You should never need to use the Mouse. I almost never use it. In TLO I use it for the Beanstalks when trying to find the seed, and that's all.

It can also come in handy if a corpse is totally hidden behind a tree, etc, but I haven't run into that but once.

That's a bit strange - I've never run into this problem, or heard of anyone else running into it.

I wonder if it might be your Enter key? Try using space instead, and see if it continues to happen.