Aveyond Studios Community
Valkyriet

bastian - The Lore of Lorewyn

As The Lore of Lorewyn reaches its 2000th download (!) I thought I'd put out a slightly smoothed out final version. I've fixed some of the handmade graphics and spelling mistakes and other superficial things, but I'd also like some input as far as bosses and enemies. I've heard that certain bosses and enemies were much too difficult.

I'd really appreciate you lot listing here which enemies and bosses you felt were too difficult so that I can tweek them a bit.

Thanks!

W00t!~ o.o I haven't looked into this thread for a long while. x.x Anyways, thanks to all you guys for trying out the game and helping each other! ^-^ And thanks bastian for updating the game every once in a while! ^-^

The summary sounds nice, I'll give it a try. I haven't played any rpg in such a long time.>.< I'm so tempted to look into the spoiler posted in the first post.xD Anyways, *downloading*. ^^

I don't beleave that I am stuck ! :cry: I finish with that castle - I don't remember the name - in wich is Radasol. Radasol don't want to fight with my characters and say me to meet him somewhere. where I must met him ? Where can I go ? help, please ! :cry:

I wish I could get this game to work. Unfortunately the internet does not have enough extensions, so medifire doesn't work properly. Can anyone upload this game on 4shared as I can download it? Thanks in advance.

Edit : 17.05.2011 : I managed to get along otherwise this game, but now I don't like that game because I can't get over that giant scorpions. I'm in Crystal Cave after fighting with Radasol and I have no too many items, and scorpions it's too hard to beat. There is a specific strategy to defeat him? Or has anyone a saved file immediately after defeating the scorpion? Please help me. I want to advance in the game.

If anyone is still around who remembers things from the game please help... Where do I go after Sylea joined my party? I climbed down and got to an area outside of the castle but then there's nowhere to continue... Or do I have to go all the way back and away from the castle? I can't find how to continue.

Hmm so for the Dark Fortress do I have to go through the cave on the south before which Suckyoubus attacked me? She just totally destroyed my party. x_x Why are there no amulets that would protect against status changes like in Aveyond? And the arrows don't even cause that much damage and then she gets it back from blood suck. >_

@universalmage

bastian has revamped the game. So before you replay you might want to download the new version.

Here is a recap of what is new:

What's new? Quite a lot.

-custom sprites/faces for the seven main characters (some are just recolorings, some are more dramatic changes)

-mapping has been redone in several areas

-Animated battlebacks

-Animated battlers

-multiple fogs

-new battle menu

-new general menu

-new cutscenes and additional dialogue

-a brand new dungeon-puzzle area

-encounter rates are more reasonable

-enemies (including bosses) are more balanced

-twice as many enemy types and twice as many troups in a given area

-two songs have been updated slightly

-four new superbosses hidden in the secret dungeons (the four towers) which can be accessed later in the game.

The new, revamped version of the game (with many, many changes) can be found here:

http://trianglehard.webs.com/theloreoflorewyn.htm

Bleh... I've been redownloading and installing all games off of Amaranth for the past 8 months as I remember what I've played since my computer died at the end of December/beginning of January... and quick question... I cannot play the game because it tells me that RGSS202E.dll could not be found... can anyone help me fix this problem please?

Hmm something's wrong with the game....when I try to run it hmm it doesn't run and the idiotic thing is that there's no error message...it just shuts down the moment a little black screen pops out :/