Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
sforsuper

Experimental recipes

Anyone care to share any hints or clues to any of these experimental recipes?? Or at least tell me how many there are :)

All i know of is:

1) Venison Stew

2) Charm Powder

3) Strong Beast Repellent? (FAQ wrote something about it but im not so sure if it exist)

4) Quicksilver (I have no idea what the recipe is but lots of you have it for some reason)

There's also 1 for getting back on hercules, but I'm not sure what the recipe are. Any hints ppl?

i think there are 15 or so, but most of them use the same rare resources so not all of them can be made at same time

there is the truth serum, mushroom pie, ice bomb, purple warp egg, growth potion as example that are missing of your list

sforsuper wrote:

Anyone care to share any hints or clues to any of these experimental recipes?? Or at least tell me how many there are :)

All i know of is:

1) Venison Stew

2) Charm Powder

3) Strong Beast Repellent? (FAQ wrote something about it but im not so sure if it exist)

4) Quicksilver (I have no idea what the recipe is but lots of you have it for some reason)

There's also 1 for getting back on hercules, but I'm not sure what the recipe are. Any hints ppl?

Not a clue except for #3, strong beast repellent is from the guy standing outside the item shop in Peliad.. the first person you see in that city.

And there is one from the beggar lady in Harburg, but I forget what it is.

The harburg lady is for charm powder.

Note that im only talking about experimental recipes, the ones that is not in the recipe book unless you made it and tried it.

Truth serum sounds cool :P, I'm guessing its the 1 for Hercules.

Remember to check the FAQ before asking a question .. you may save yourself a lot of time. :)

The FAQ, pinned at the top of this forum, is pretty extensive and will often answer your questions. That way, not only do you save time making the post, but also the time you may need to wait for someone to answer. :)

FAQ - TLO

Strong Beast Repellent - i have the recipe beggining with 3 skunk leaves... the only recipe i have which beging with 3 is the ice bomb but when i turn all the intigrents it says something wrong.

can you tell me which recipe i can use to do the beast replacment? strait answer pls.... tx

Just a note of caution - I was experimenting with the finger bone, eyeball, and golden scale and it blew up and a few min. later I saved but when I went back I didn't realize that they where no longer in the invetory. I had to start over with a save file near the beginning! I didn't know that if your ingrediants blow up they are gone for good.

Actually, the squirrel WILL be there in games from BFG, but if your game is from BFG, do NOT use that quicksilver potion. It works, but when it wears of, you get a message that keeps appearing, and can no longer play the game.

It's been fixed, and BFG should have the new build in the next few days.

I'm also interested in discovering all the possible experimental recipes. I now have 11 pages of notes (yikes!) on the various combinations and permutations of ingredients I've tested. The process is becoming mindnumbingly tedious. But maybe I've already found all the recipes, and I don't need to do this. I know it will be fun replaying the game, and attempting to use the products of certain recipes at various opportune moments.

Reasons why I think I might have discovered all the experimental recipes:

- I used hints provided by various NPCs to prepare one experimental recipe using "normal" ingredients from each template.

- I found one experimental recipe for each "special" ingredient.

- I tested all the possible combinations for the Love Potion (1-1-1) template. (Still working on the other templates, which are complicated by permutations.)

Reasons why I think I might NOT have discovered all the experimental recipes:

- I have two experimental recipes for some of the templates, but only one experimental recipe for others. Maybe there should be two experimental recipes for each template.

- I have not used cheese in any recipe.

- Given that two of the recipes restore HP, I'm surprised there isn't one that restores MP.

Arrgh! To continue or not to continue...

So here's what I have:

From the Purple Warp Egg, Love Potion, Mushroom Pie, Ice Bomb, and Moth Powder templates, I have created (in alphabetical order to avoid spoiling anything) Beast Begone, Charm Powder, Glow Goop, Nature Potion, Quicksilver, Sleeping Dust, Truth Serum, and Venison Stew for a total of 13 recipes that can be "prepared by anyone".

Have I found them all? Many thanks in advance for a YES/NO answer. :)

because you need to experiment with those recipes in order to get new recipes. You can purchase 5 recipes, but the rest requires you to use those 5 as templates and mess with them.

for example love potion has 3 ingredients to make a love potion. now try changing all three of those ingredients to another combo and see if it works.

Rabbit, there are 15 recipes in all, plus the two that you get from the alchemist or Ulf (which you can't make yourself).

There are some items you can only obtain one of in the game. Some of these are used in more than one recipe.

One of your undiscovered recipes does use cheese, and the other one (which uses a one-only item) does restore MP :) You've done an awesome job getting this many!

Niya-this is straight tiniponi's guide...it's not the ingredients but tells you who to talk to get it triggered:

- Love Potion – from Burnaby or his niece, Loretta, in Burnaby’s house in Harburg (which one gives it to you depends on whether or not you reunited Burnaby & Hanna in LoT.

Niya: Get the recipe from Burnaby or his niece in Harburg (northeast corner of the city). That will tell you what ingredients to use. :)

Oops .. I see I was beaten to the punch. That's what happens when I load all new posts and read/answer them in turn. :D

I've been trying out some of the recipes and I was wondering what the Glow potion does? I can see it makes Mel glow :) but does it do something else that I haven't noticed?

highlight for spoilerish question