Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
kitkat

Strategies for Final Battles

Im assuming its the last one-- with you know who in the cave. I just can't beat him! i've tried over and over with no preveil v.v

so what im asking from all the kind people looking this over, what level should everyone be on? and is there any specific stragety that works well? Thankyou! =D

I can't remember what level I was but I found it easier when I equipped the party with items that protected them from different status afflictions (can't remember which ones, I'd have to check my save file) Also, remember Mel doesn't need anything for the last battle so any good equipment on her can be put on someone else.

For the actual fight, I used a lot of attacks that would cast silence, poison, or the one that caused he to hit himself. Also, the metal egg casts a shield on the party.

Edit: Sometimes the pixie eggs would be useful but you have to be careful with those since they can also heal the enemy

I was about lvl 50 (exept for Ulf), and kept confusing and silencing him, and tryed to poison him (with june's spell), didnt manage to poison him though...... and then healing.. I didnt have much of a problem... ;)

One more thing, if you haven't, make sure you thoroughly search Stonetooth Cave before starting the final battle, there are some useful weapons in the chests

the death scroll wiped him out for me :D

also,the fire sword you purchase for edward has a power to absorb out gyendal's energy;it works like poison (giving gyendal a negative status effect).

you can also try using the poison eggs on him but death scroll is the best ;)

If you don't wanna "cheat" using the death scroll, you can try burning him using Edward's Scorched sword and charm him using June's Charmed Staff so that he keeps on attacking himself. :D

I found the death scroll worked everytime at the end with the 4 on 1.

I tried to have Mel use it in her final fight herself, and it failed. Then, the last fight lasted a very long time with me losing badly.

Is there a way for Mel to win that fight? What happens?

@rug: arggie tried it by poisoning gyendal to death. Gyendal ended up not having any more hp to get taken by poison and was still alive. So, he's immortal. lol

@Shaz, yes I agree it would look odd. It seems Mel gets toyed with for 5 rounds, then gets slapped down hard. So many complaints and strategies for the last boss in the last game, and it's a nice touch how all the rules changed ie Gyendal seems to be wearing a serpent amulet this time around.

If you used the death scroll

Poison him as quickly as you can then use tinctura hypericum once (Note: If you are starting a new game, you can buy 1 from witchwood, There are at least 2 more

Defend When he used vector lightning Quick heal.

And get June to attack randomly with charmed staff

If only I'd realised that the player could have a death scroll at this time ... the final battle wouldn't be quite so easy :roll:

@Shaz What??? You would have de-activated it? Devious, devious

In the last fight I did this: Toad amulets for everyone, Yvette using her protective spells.. first on herself because if she's gone they're gone, June do poison ivy until it "takes".. and then melee attacks for the rest. First physical protective spells as lighting is worse than curses when you are wearing toad amulets. And I had 5 of those tincture hypericum or however it's spelled so made sure to heal. I'd gotten Ashera'a helmet from the crab and took it from Mel and put it on June for this battle.

I used to have june with her charmed staff, and the other kept attacking him. I was surprised that he attacked himself because he got charmed. I wonder how much his hp...

He got damaged about 11000hp each turns and still took so long to lose,...

i noticed that if you get Gyendal beserk, then you can really win. but watch out! if Ulf attacks after Gyendal is beserk, for me, nine times out of ten Ulf's attack would get rid of the beserk status.

Well, I'm on the last battle and I just can't beat Gyendal. I keep trying to beserk him or whatever, and he only hits himself like...3-4k.

Here are my levels if it helps.

Mel-51

June-49

Edward-50

Ulf-37

Yvette-53

Spook-53

I used the goodie rooms for the equips/weapons, so their top notch (I guess.)

Anyways, any tips or something on how to beat Gyendal? <-spelt wrong probiblly.