Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
kitkat

Strategies for Final Battles

i unequipped gyendal of EVERYTHING when i had the chance, but i don't think it does anything.

First off, I remove Mel from the battle party, cuz if she is in it, she isn't there in the final battle, and you are short one battler.

then i went in with yvette in her best bird form. for me it was wobbler, but it can be the best you have. don't go in in the blue bird form. all it gives you is shield spells that don't really help. it looks really weird in the cutscene with her as a bird, but it saves you the turn of transforming in battle.

June's spell that makes the enemy beserk is amazing for gyendal (he packs a good punch, so imagine that on himself!)

ulf and edward rely on melee.

now, for items, i never use any scrolls. don't have enough money and stuff, so i don't buy them to use them, so i don't know what the use of them are. ditto for eggs.

i have found, however, if you stock up on elixirs, ulf and edward can use them when not attacking. VERY helpful.

Removing Spook's equipment makes no difference to the final battle with Gyendal, just like removing Stella's equipment or Edward's equipment made no difference to the battles with Medusa or at the end of Gates of Night.

Also, having Mel in your party prior to the final battle will not leave you with only 3 fighters in the final battle. If you have Mel, when she is moved out, whoever is on the side will be moved in, just like Yvette is automatically put into the party after she joins and Ulf leaves.

hmm. that didn't happen to me. i went into battle with three characters and had to load a saved game. maybe it's a different build or something that you are talking about?

and, yeah, i kinda figured that. it's still nice to know that you did NOT send the enemy into the battle with the awesome gear.

Heh. I never knew the death scroll did ANYTHING useful until I read it on the forums here.

I think I'll save that for some mysterious future boss battle in TDP.

But ... hey, what if Mel uses the death scroll on Gyendal in the first fight? It'd be hilarious if she won then and there.

I don't use the death scroll, it takes all the fun out of it.

Status afflictions work wonders. June can just beserk him, and I don't even have to try. Plus that burning thing Edward's sword puts on him and poison makes the fight so much quicker.

@mel: i think it's her staff, charming staff. Which makes Gyendal attacks himself, same with me.

Even attacking himself so that much, it still needs many turns to kill himself on, though. But it's good that our characters' won't die too fast.

I just reload it for second time and poof Gyendal is over! I'm around 57-59 that time. Just inflict some status affliction or whatever it names. well i reload the first one simply because i forget to equip Ulf! just do some leveling and look around stone... cave(I forget the name)

My way - June Poison Ivy on Gyendal until he gets poisoned,then attack him with Charmed Staff.Yvette,use the magical shields from I-forgot-the-bird's-name.Ulf and Edward attack.Healing just in critical moments.But wasn't needed much,only Elixirs,since MP isn't quite of a problem in Aveyond 3.

The Death Scroll is just awesome!! I've played the final battle over and over and there are times that Gyendal died immediately when I used the Death Scroll.

However, there was also a time when the Death Scroll didn't work and I fought Gyendal with physical attacks. It's surprising but I managed to defeat him without any damage to Edward, Ulf, June and Yvette's healths!! And no item was consumed as well.. Just physical attacks!

I fought Gyendal more times than I can remember. I've replayed the final battle over and over because it feels good to see Grendal got defeated. I've only realized that I have a death scroll the third time I played TLO; but the first two times, I've fought him the "old fashioned way"... :)

Well,remember to pick up the weapons that will be around(the cave),have full HP to all of your characters and last have a plenty of tinctura hypericum,witcheye roots and cassia leafs.And btw my highest level player is level 55

I thought it is no longer possible to buy or use a Death Scroll in the final build?

I picked up a Death Scroll in Underfall. Unless I'm playing an outdated build (mine's the BFG one) and in the most updated one the Underfall death Scroll is not effective.