Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
kitkat

Strategies for Final Battles

No, she means, after Mel has lost and the others fight him, to make everyone but June inactive, and have June fight Gyendal by herself.

I doubt she could either. You could test it out though, by making everyone else shield when it's their turn. They couldn't use restorative items on June either. And that would still be easier than actually fighting Gyendal with only June in the party, because if he uses individual attacks, he could target one of the other three, whereas with June only, she would always be the target.

The last battle is tricky indeed, but June CAN battle alone and win, with her Charmed Staff on and all her skills maxed out for good. Poisoning, confusing and making Gyendal clumsy will become pretty easy with just June, but you also must make sure you have everything you need before you venture yourself in an all possible suicide battle. What we talk abotu here is a solo battle, with just one character, and the easiest way to get just june into battle is killing all the other before, and leaving just Mel and June alive. I don't know what happens if Mel is already dead when she jumps in battle with Gyendal, but either the game crashes, either passes on to the next scene, skipping a script piece, I dunno. But the safest way to enter the solo battle the right way is to keep the two alive.

@Klaus:

and like shaz said, June's health would be in danger since she'll be the only target. Me even used those strong men, having bit trouble and went healing the party up. And if I recall, June's turn was likely after Gy, and I don't remember if the effect infects him immediately.

Their HP are likely too far. I beat Gy with 4 front liners, and I calculated it that he got about 4 status effects and the damaging ones doing 10000 damage each turn, which it needs many turns to beat him. Plus he healed about 10000 too.

Fact is, it's only a solo battle if you WANT it to be that way. It's NOT supposed to be like that. If you want to fight with only June in your party, go for it, but please don't berate other members because they don't think it will work or don't want to try.

ok people since no one posted and helped me in the fauna caves, i did it myself after like an hour. NOW i am at the end of the game and I am trying to beat spook or what ever his name is.... I can get only so far and I run out of tricks to try.... what do i need to win this stupid fight!!!!

I'm pretty sure you can get death scrolls in Ghed'ahre but I don't think it'll be effective in the final build.

None of the strategies there helped? Like I've mentioned in there, you can try burning him using Edward's Scorched sword and charm him using June's Charmed Staff so that he keeps on attacking himself.

Well, Mel VS GyendalSpook is a definite no-win situation. Against the party, though, have Edward attack him with Scorched Sword to scorch him and have June attack him with Charmed Staff to Charm him. Then after he's Charmed and/or Scorched, beating him up is easier because he can't heal himself. Ulf's highest weapon COULD potentially do something to him, but I can't remember what exactly.

well in that thread all these people said the death scroll helped.. and stupidly i got rid of the charmed staff and i dont think i ever got the scorch sword for edward... help