Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
pinkjaguar12

The Story Continues......(Part 1 Finished)

lol.

guys, i am still a bit stuffed up, so just hang in there, k? updates probably tomorrow. maybe.

edit: alright, i lied. i just took a nap for three and a half hours, so updates might not be coming as soon as i expected. i feel horrible, i have a headache, i just went through a whole box of tissues. just wait a while. probably by the end of this week, i'll be better.

I'm feeling better! Hope you like the next addition.

"I do not understand!" Iya shouted over the wind. "Why are we worried if some one has a healing potion?"

"I already told you!" Rye replied. "It is no healing potion! And if he manages to get it to his mistress, we would be better off dead!"

He and Iya were riding on the back of Ean in his Griffin form. They were flying at top speed, but Rye worried it might be too late. It had been over an hour since he had had his dream, if it even was a dream.

Suddenly, Iya grabbed Rye's shoulder and pointed to a place below them. "There!" she cried. Among the vast expanse of trees below them the group could easily see the trail of downed trees being left behind as something barreled through the forest.

Ean began to make a descent as Rye and Iya prepared for a battle. He landed quietly a few yards behind whatever was causing the trees to fall. The movement in the brush ahead of them stopped, and slowly the form of the monster appeared from behind some branches. On it's back was the hooded man, who was smiling and holding something tightly beneath his cloak.

"Well well well." the man said, causing the group to cringe from his voice. "It seems as if you won't give in without a fight."

Rye raised his bow and shot an arrow directly at the man's head. With a wave of his hand it shattered before it could get near him.

"Why would we fight you," the man whispered. "if it is obvious we would win?"

"Because you're not a coward." Ean growled, tucking the wooden statuette of the elf into his pocket.

The man whispered something into the monster's ear, and it roared, causing a pillar of flames to come shooting out of it's mouth. Rye and Ean dove out of the way, but Iya stood her ground, holding her arms out in front of her. The flames suddenly stopped as they met the wall of water she was creating around herself and her two companions, who were getting to their feet, weapons drawn. The trio could see the disbelief in the man's eyes as he instructed the monster to stop.

"The mistress said you couldn't defend against my magic." he whispered, using a singular form of himself for the first time.

"The mistress was wrong." Iya stated, before she waved her arms and enveloped the man and the monster in a sphere of flames, closing in on them fast. The three looked away as the monster disappeared with a roar of pain, leaving the man to be singed by the fire. After the spell was over and done with, the man evaporated in a pillar of dark smoke, defeated once and for all.

"Iya," Ean whispered. "How did you do that?"

Iya whipped around angrily. "Do you doubt my--" she stopped as she saw Ean's arm, which was bloodied by a long scratch on his shoulder.

"Ean," Iya took a tentative step forward. "You're bleeding."

Ean looked down, wincing as he tried to move his arm. "I scraped it on a rock when I fell. It's nothing."

Iya shook her head and stepped closer, examining the wound. Rye took this moment to step away, giving the couple some space. He smiled as he remembered Emma, and walked into the woods when he saw the two kissing. He shook his head and chuckled.

His foot brushed against something in the ground. Upon closer inspection, he realized it was the bottle that had held the fake Tinctura Hypercium. It was now empty. He reached down and picked it up, puzzled. Suddenly he felt a tug on his chest, similar to what he had experienced when he was in the small hut. He dropped the bottle in surprise and tried to fight the magic, but it was no use. He manged to shout for help before being pulled into darkness once again.

DISCLAIMER: (highlight for spoilers)I know that some of you might think that the hooded guy is still alive after what happened to poor Rye, but he is dead. Any remaining mysteries surrounding him will be answered, but i am just letting you know he is totally and completely dead.

Guest βeta

Well, I admit it. It was half scary - half not. But that one is such great story! Keep it up with the good work!

MAJOR MAJOR EDIT!!!!!

now that I have your attention :D i would like to point out that where i want the story to go does not involve Rye being kidnapped again. so, here is my major major edit :

His foot brushed against something in the ground. He leaned over and picked up a heavy oblong object. It seemed to be hollow. He brushed the dirt off of it and studied it, realizing with further inspection that it was a sheath to a sword.

Wait a minute.... Rye thought to himself as he looked up and down the sheath. I know the sword that belongs in here.

He flipped the sheath over and peered inside of it. Engraved in the metal was the word "Thor".

Immediately, Rye began to look around him, turning in a circle. He wandered deeper into the woods, careful to keep the camp in site. Suddenly, he felt a cold metal touch his neck, and he stopped dead.

"Don't move." A voice whispered.

Rye stood perfectly still as a figure emerged from the shadows to his left. His eyes darted to the side to confirm it, but he already knew.

"Emma." he said with a slight smile.

"How do you know my--" his attacker broke off as she realized who was before her.

"Rye?" she whispered as she lowered her sword.

Rye's smile grew wider, and he turned to reunite with his lost love.

There you go! I told you Emma would come into this! Better than him being dragged away now isn't it?

Well, I think you have an idea of where you want this to go, and I am looking forward to reading it! I think you did the right thing by not continuing down a side trail plot-wise. It is hard to scrap days worth of work once you realize that you have 1) been flogging a dead horse plot-wise; or 2) invented a name that begins with 'Z' (that you like a lot) and then you have to key it over and over...

lol. i once had a guy in my stories with a name that started with z. then i spilled milk on my keyboard and the z key got all sticky, so i changed it.

sometimes i am writing and i always want exciting stuff to happen, no calming action. just action action action romance action action and so on. so i guess i didn't realize i needed to bring emma into the picture and not bring rye out of it.

Guest βeta

Why don't you use Masamune sword? Emma's Best weapon! Thor : 140 attack, 20 physical and magic defense. Masamune : 160 attack!

beginners, i thought about that, but then i read the decription of the two.

masamune - a sword made of masamune

thor - a legendary weapon

i guess i just wanted a sword that had major attack power but also had a name. if the name masamune was engraved in the sheath it would be like holding up a book titled "paper". you have a point, but at least the attack power is very close to what masamune's is.

I am enjoying the story, but also your process of making/editing thinking etc. Lots of fun! Thanks. I always really really liked Emma anyway so glad to see her in the story.

masamune - a sword made of masamune

I'd like to point out it's a dumb description. Masamune is the name of a famous Japanese general in the Sengoku era, not a material.

Anyway, good update! It kept me thrilled there! And your note from the 2nd last chapter totally hit me because I thought he just escaped in a puff of smoke.

Guest βeta

It's a great story. The party members are Ean, Iya, Rye, Emma. I wonder If anyone new come to this story.

I'm sorry for the long wait guys. I don't know what's been going on. For the past few days all I have been doing is being on the computer and catching up on Hulu. Well, anyway, here is another update. Enjoy!

"So you are telling me that you have been out here all this time alone?"

The last rays of the sun were just beginning to disappear as Ean asked this question. Emma had just finished explaining to the group what had happened to her when Aia had tilted.

"I told you," Emma said, hands clasped between her knees. "All I remember was the ground turning under my feet. I woke up in the forest with nothing but my sword and the clothes on my back."

"How did you manage it, Emma?" Iya asked softly. "Even together we have yet to overcome the fear of this world's changes."

"I was scared, I'll admit. I managed to kill an animal for food, but it tasted horrible. It was something unfamiliar and foreign to this world."

"Did you see anyone else?" Rye asked.

"Yes." Emma whispered. "I saw a hooded man. He was with another, a bumbling fool. But the hooded one..." she stopped and shuddered. "I didn't like him. He had a feeling around him that wouldn't go away quickly. They were talking about their "mistress". I followed them for a bit, listening to their conversation. I didn't catch much, but I heard the hooded man say something about a monster. That's when they heard me." She paused and took a breath. "I was careless. I stepped on a branch or something and both of their heads snapped in my direction. They were fierce fighters, but I got the better of the small one. I took him out and was going to kill the hooded one, but something in the air stopped my sword. It was like I had hit a wall. I almost broke my arm. He disappeared after that, and I didn't know where he had gone."

The group stood in silence. Emma got up and moved away from the fire. Ean and Iya drifted off to bed, leaving Rye sitting, staring into the flames of the fire. After some time he stood and walked over to Emma, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"I didn't know if you were still alive." Emma whispered. "I didn't know if anyone I knew, anyone I cared about still even existed. Everything was changed. It still is. Sometimes I wish I had stayed in Candar."

Rye gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze. "Don't say that. You're the greatest swordsmistress I have ever known. You're braver than anything to face that forest all by yourself."

Emma smiled. "I just wish you hadn't gone out to take care of those bandits."

Rye embraced Emma and laughed softly into her ear. The couple shared a kiss before separating to go to bed.

Far away, to the north, their images shone like stars in the shadowed waters of an indoor well, floating on the surface like a piece of wood. Around the well the room was disheveled and in ruins, but the remnants of recent activity still remained. An empty firepit with faintly glowing embers was situated next to a half-eaten loaf of bread and a pitcher of water.

And in the far corner of the room, sitting proudly like a trophy atop a toppled bookcase, was a potion bottle filled with what looked to be Tinctura Hypercium.

Dang. I can't beleive that it took me this long to comment. Bad BuryTheCastle, bad BuryTheCastle...

Erm, anyway, it's so nice to see an AV2 story. A lot of people here seem to hate it with a burning passion, and most of the stories here are either about AV1 or 3. You have a very nice plot going on here, and you're writing is very smooth. Good job! I'll be following this story from now on.

thanks! i like av2 the best, but i know a lot of people hate it like you said, so i decided on a new approach. i like the characters more than the plot, so i decided to make this story more about the characters than a parody/take off of the plot.