Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
VelvetDew

Prelude of Identity [First half of sequel now available!]

does anyone know how to kill those box monster in the cave where you only get 30 minutes of light? i tried three times and i had to go through the maze again...totally annoying cuz theres no save point...help!

The fake chest is way too hard... I tried a couple of times, gave up and continued with the game and returned later when I was at a higher level (with better skills). You can still complete this cave though as the chest is optional... iirc you win a drive if successful which is not really worth it as you can always purchase drives or you can come later like I did. :P

Ah, that part stumped me too as there doesn't seem to be any door or exit of any sort lol. I somehow stumbled upon it by sheer luck. :D

Go down and left (of the item seller) to find the (not so obvious) exit of this room and access the rest of the prison area.

You're welcome, pickboo. Glad I could help :)

Finally beat the game, it was really fun. :D The storyline is captivating for sure and the characters well-etched and very interesting.

I enjoyed every second of this game and now eagerly waiting the sequel.

Umm... I'm doing the Scavenger Hunt quest, you know the mission gotten at the pub in Clermont, I got all the items except the reaper sickle. Does anyone know where I can find it?

I'm nearing towards the end of the game (I think) so I want to finish all the sidequests before heading off to that island XD (O_O this game has tons of optional content! XD).

The reapers in the EXP dungeon drop sickles. You can find it near the border of Toulouse, south of Lyon.

To unlock it, speak to the devil guy in the church in Lyon or if you've already talked to him in Dover the dungeon should appear. :)

Hey guys, I'm the creator of this game and I'm new to this forum. I'm happy that a lot of people enjoy this game.

I'm currently working on the sequel, and for those of you who wish to conclude the rest of the Prelude arc, I've finished that half of the next game. Below are links for related info and the downloads to the game. You will be able to load this demo data in the finished game. I've remastered the game's system significantly, but the aspects that made my plot and characters popular are still there. Here's some links for anyone interested:

Game Development Thread

Download the game

You must download and apply patch to continue after version 3.1. (simply replace game files)

Patch to latest version

I'll be sure to post the final game here personally when I finish.

Having a great time with this game! But I can't figure out how to get past the first floor of the Lunar tower. I have the moonstone, went in and got the shovel and pickaxe (can they be used btw?). But I can't unlock the next set of doors. Marianne says something about a round hole...

Hi pafpearl,

Yeah, you can use the spade and pickaxe to dig up the soft and hard ground in the upper left and right parts of the room. Keep digging until you find something.

Hope that helps! :)

It checks your level, you need to be at least lvl 20 to enter. You can try the Lunar Tower or the Clermont cave until you're high enough to enter the demon world.

You can also try these:

- Visit the extra forest area above the lake north of Dijon (there's an optional boss there)

- Revisit the cave north of Lyon (optional boss there)

- Revisit the factory for another quest

- Revisit important characters for some scenes and special items

- Revisit Mikiel's grave

- Talk to Mihli in the Dojo if you activated her quest in Dover

- Revisit Strasbourg for a scene

Strategy by MrMoo, the creator --

Half the battle is the preparation, so I think as long as you've got good elemental protection you will be fine. By the way lotus bombs don't work, and don't try it cause it heals him. Ether shield is inside the Lunar tower ghost chest, and Marianne's "Cute" set will also be a good set to wear. Aqua capes on Jacque might be a good idea, otherwise protection rings for the melee damage. If you haven't already try to get Uroboros [Clermont Cave sword]. It's light based so it'll help in killing this dark element enemy. He is also water based as well, meaning fire and electric elements will help. He's armored so melee attacks are weaker than a ranged attack. If you have any of Jacque's Tempest guns, make sure to do a melee attack using Jacque to either lower his ATK, DEF or ETH.

Right off the bat, your teammates are dead. If you're stuck here, you aren't prepared. Basically you want to mix the Ether solution with the neutralizer before the battle to make the life ether. Use the life ether during battle to bring back your dead allies. The real battle starts right here.

Have Marianne use Dragon Flash for light based melee dmg, or use your strongest fire spell for ether dmg, whichever is higher. Sierra should be healing every turn with nurse, or at least every second turn so she can also use photon. Ether charge everyone for better spell damage, and Jacque should be using aim assist and guard assist whenever you need it. Otherwise desperado.

Don't try to blind him because he can't be blinded. Poison also doesn't work. This should be no problem if you keep your party alive at all times, fully buffed, and having one or two of them attacking. Eventually you'll get him to 25% hp, where he will then use Elemental Laser. Usually I keep the mystic symbol on Sierra, but if you use ether drives on her instead, just make her use her ether shield. You want protection against all elements, because this laser hits all targets with every element. The key is to keep your party's hp above 50%, and you'll be fine.

Good luck with the fight, and be sure to keep the reward code handy for the next game. ;)